The Meta-Programming Project
Meta-Programming comprises the analysis, transformation and
generation of so-called object-programs by other programs,
so-called meta-programs. Our meta-programming research aims to
develop alternative ways of compilation which exploit the knowledge
of domain experts and improve program development and efficiency.
Papers and Talks
``Type-Sensitive Size Parameterization of Circuit Designs by Metaprogramming'' (Christoph A. Herrmann),
Technical Report MIP-0601, Department of Informatics and Mathematics, University of Passau, February 2006.
- "Generating Size-Parameterized Functions for
Circuit Simulation Using Template Haskell",
Talk at the IFIP WG 2.11 Meeting at Schloss Dagstuhl, Jan. 2006 by Christoph A. Herrmann
Tuning MetaOCaml Programs for High Performance", Diploma Thesis of Tobias Langhammer.
- "Combining Partial Evaluation and Staged Interpretation in the Implementation of
Domain-Specific Languages'' (Christoph A. Herrmann and Tobias Langhammer),
Science of Computer Programming, 62(1), 2006, 47-65.
- "Using MetaOCaml to Implement Skeletons and Domain-Specific Languages"
- Parasol Seminar Talk (PDF of the slides) at Texas A&M University by Christoph Herrmann, March 2005. This talk refers to the work of the following three sections. Have a look at them for technical details and program sources.
- ``Generating Message-passing Programs from Abstract Specifications by Partial Evaluation'' (Christoph A. Herrmann), Parallel Processing Letters, 15(3), 2005, 305-320.
"Automatic Staging for Image Processing" (Christoph A. Herrmann and Tobias Langhammer), Technical Report MIP-0410,
Department of Informatics and Mathematics, University of Passau, 2004.
- ``Functional Metaprogramming in the Construction of Parallel Programs'' (Christoph A. Herrmann),
Proc. 4th International Workshop on Constructive Methods for Parallel Programming (CMPP 2004),
Technical report of the University of Münster, Germany.
- ``Using Metaprogramming to Parallelize Functional Specifications''
(Christoph A. Herrmann and Christian Lengauer),
Proc. 3rd International Workshop on Constructive Methods for Parallel Programming (CMPP 2002),
Technical reports of Department IV - Electronics and Informatics, No. 2002/07,
Technical University Berlin.
Christoph A. Herrmann (contact), Tobias Langhammer, Christian Lengauer
Languages which we are using for meta-programming
Last modified: Tue Nov 9 10:42:17 CET 2004